‘He’s not a bad man’: How psychologist accused of rape in Sydney’s north-west was exonerated

The father of a teenage girl accused of sexually assaulting a schoolmate at his home in Sydney says he’s not guilty of raping the teenager, but the case is now “out of the spotlight” after his former girlfriend was cleared.

Key points:Psychologist accused of raping teen in North West accused of sexual assault in NSW says he is not guiltyPsychologist, who was acquitted in July, had previously admitted to sexually assaulting her in the past.

Police said the girl had been drinking at his house with other students at the time and that he had told them to get out of the house before raping her.

Mr Fortworth says he and his wife had consensual sex in his home on August 12, 2012.

“I don’t think that [the rape] was consensual, it was an assault,” he said.

“It was something that had to have happened.”

He says he believes the girl will be vindicated after her case is put to a forensic panel.

Mr and Mrs Fortworth have been married for 11 years.

They divorced in 2013.

Police have released CCTV images of the teenager they say is the subject of their investigation.

Police have said the footage shows a man matching the description of the man on the CCTV footage walking into a nearby park with the girl, before asking her to come back inside.

The woman was then asked to leave the property by the man.

“I had no idea what to do and she said that she was being sexually assaulted,” Mr Fortworth said.

He said he had a history of having sex with women, and “was never guilty of it”.

“I have no doubt that this was an act that was committed by my ex-wife,” he told ABC News.

The ABC has spoken to a former girlfriend of Mr Fortweather who says she was not in the house at the alleged assault.

In a statement to the ABC, she said: “I do not remember seeing any bruises or injuries on my ex’s body.

I can only imagine what this girl was going through, how it felt to be attacked, to have to put up with it and not be able to talk about it.”

She also said she felt pressured into staying at the property, even after being told to leave by the accused.

She told the ABC that Mr Fortworthy would often have “very high-pressure, very coercive, very threatening” interactions with her and she was scared for her safety.

She said she was a former student at the University of Sydney and was unaware of any allegations against Mr Fort Worth.

“He was very controlling and controlling in my presence,” she said.

The ABC spoke to the woman’s former boyfriend, who is now a police officer, who confirmed he was aware of the alleged sexual assault.

He said: “[The girl] was very drunk, very high-spirited, and that’s when she had this encounter with the man.”

“She was a little bit drunk at the end of the day, and the guy [Mr Fortweather] had a lot of alcohol on him, so she was definitely in a very vulnerable position.”

She didn’t know what to say or do.

“The police investigation is continuing, but has been put on hold because of the new evidence.

The girl is now in an outpatient psychiatric hospital.

Topics:sexual-offences,police,police-sieges,victoria-4000,sydney-2000More stories from New South Wales